HARK-KINECT makes audio input from the Microsoft Kinect Sensor device work on GNU/Linux systems.
- Kinect Sensor is mounted as an ALSA device.
- Audio input working on both native and VMware virtual machines.
- Set of HARK files available (e.g. Transfer function database etc.)
- Download the latest HARK for Windows on your Windows PC from here and install it.
- Download the latest Kinect driver on your Windows PC from here and install it.
Plug your Kinect into a USB 2.0 port of your Windows PC.
We suppose you've read the HARK document in HARK Documentation page, and you have an intermediate level skill of HARK network file construction.
To use your Kinect in HARK, put AudioStreamFromMic module on the network and set its parameters as follows:
|LENGTH||int||512||Number of samples in one frame|
|CHANNEL_COUNT||int||4||Number of microphone channels|
|SAMPLING_RATE||int||16000||Sampling rate of the audio stream|
|DEVICE_TYPE||string||DS||Category of the sensors|